Gas Fire Problem

This is my first time here; hallo all.

I have a Flavel Regency gas fire.

When it seems to feel like it (every two weeks or every two months) the radiants grow darker & emit very little heat. I remove the injectors & blow them through; this solves the problem. I have noticed tiny particles of a black substance dropping out of the injectors, this when I remove them and tap them on the illuminated face of a torch.

This has been going on for years.

Ideas anyone?

Regards

Steve

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Try a CORGI service

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I used to be CORGI registered many years ago. I spoke to a CORGI "engineer" about this problem 2 years ago; he just looked at me blankly.

Thanks anyway Adam

Steve

Reply to
Mr Pounder