Help to find right gas connector please.

I have a gas hob which was supplied with an elbopw connector like this:

threaded part on the right of that picture is 1/2"BSP but the end is flat and is meant to seal against a rubber washer.

The question is what type of connector is meant to screw onto that

1/2"BSP? It needs to connect to 15mm copper pipe.

I think it would have to be something like a tap connector (but that won't work). It's clearly not meant to be a compression fitting with an olive.

Any ideas?

Reply to
clangers_snout

clangers snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d28g2000yqc.googlegroups.com:

Female iron to 15mm copper straight or 90 degree.

Like this.

any plumbers merchant or the sheds.

Use gas grade PTFE tape or Loctight 55

Heliotrope Smith

When I was still working my CORGI inspector favoured a tap connector with the projection cut off flush and filed smooth to form a flat face and a CAF or equivalent flat washer used as a joint gasket. He explained that the flat face on the end of the supplied elbow and the flat face formed by the trimming operation basically made a pair of flanges held together by one nut rather than four or more bolts. The two faces compress the gasket to form a gas tight seal. Beats me why a manufacturer doesn't churn them out with every hob elbow.

Reply to
cynic

Heliotrope Smith ( snipped-for-privacy@heliotrope.moc) wibbled on Wednesday 16 February

2011 18:06:

As a pro, what is your opinion on Rocol XS for joints in place of PTFE?

Only asked, because I've been using it for wet plumbing and I like it - but note it claims to be suitable for gas.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

Rocol themselves say something different

"Suitable for use with natural gas and LPG pipework ? conforms to EN751-1"

The Other Mike