Sticking phone on dashboard

I have a company car and I'm not allowed to drill holes to mount a car kit mobile phone holder.

I tried using Pritt sticky pads, but when the weather got hot they failed and the phone fell off.

Any tips on a reliable, non-damaging solution for this?

thanks

Reply to
piloti

Rubber grippy pad in extra-grippy rubber (most cellphone shops)

For anything less than about 30 degrees, they work surprisingly well.

Reply to
dingbat

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

I use a magnetic pad in the car. Magnet glues onto dashboard metal plate to back of phone. It hasn't fallen off despite being in the car in Italy in summer when it get a tad hot. I'm not sure it classes as "non damaging" because I can't imagine how to get it off. OTOH it is unobtrusive and black and I stuck it onto a section of black palstic so it doesn't show up much.

A cheaper alternative is Velcro but I don't want a phone with either a fuzzy or a prickly strip of tape on the back.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Is your mobile phone supplied "officially"? If so, it behoves your employer to arrange for suitable mounting.

HTH -

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Get a really chunky bit of flat elastic and stretch it between a windscreen demister vent and the bottom of the dash (or any two convenient apertures in the dash), anchoring with a couple of hooks bent up from steel strip.

Reply to
Rob Morley

For £9.99 Carphone Warehouse do a stick-on holder that squeezes onto the 'phone. Really works - had an accident that wrote off the car, but 'phone was still held in the holder. If it's a Company 'phone then they have to provide a holder and a means of using the 'phone hands free if they intend you to use it whilst driving.

Steve

Reply to
80/20

Hi,

Try 'servo tape' from a model shop, as used for sticking servos down.

If it's been valeted there may be silicone polish on the dash, in which case clean it as thoroughly as you can.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I have a clip on a flexi stalk with one of those toggle operated suckers on the end to stick to the screen (from Halfrauds I think). Actually I use it for GPS rather than phone. Advantage over most of the other suggestions that it is easy to move between cars (I have hire cars for work).

Reply to
Newshound

I have seen on a friends car, a metal phone holder bracket which pushed in between the fascia edge of the car radio slot and the car radio. I don't know where it originates, as it is not a "Dashmount" type. Does anyone know who makes these?

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Sounds like a Brodit mount

/
They work well (I have one for my GPS) but are quite expensive.

Cheers

Chris

Reply to
Chris