Borehole water problems

Folks
I am not sure if this is the correct group for this, if not can someone suggest somewhere more appropriate? Ta.
I have a borehole and filter equipment. The unfiltered water is high in Iron and Manganese but OK otherwise. The filter kit has packed up and needs replacing.
Levels are (in parts per million) Iron Actual amount: 3.44 Max recommended: 0.200 Manganese Actual amount: 0.534 Max recommended 0.050
2 local borehole companies have been out to have a look. One recomends a Shakesby 1354 (www.shakesby.net) and he other a Triplex FT250 unit (http://www.pumpmasters.co.uk/products/filters/triplex.html )
The filter kit is very expensive anyway, and the Shakesby unit is over twice the price of the Triplex. Both firms are adamant that there recommendations will sort it out and bring the Iron and Maganese levels down to the max recommended. I dont want to spend any more than I have to but I do need to msort out the problem
Does anyone have any experience or views about the likely efficieny of these 2 units and if they will work?
TIA - Adam

especially from the resident pedant's
PhilC