Best power screwdriver?

I'm looking to buy a cordless power screwdriver in the price range £30 - £50 with adjustable torque settings and plenty of power. Can anyone recommend a product from experience. I've been looking at the Black & Decker and Bosch ranges so far.

TIA, Terry

Reply to
Terry_P

screwfix have been selling Erbauer cordless power driver and drill for £99 including case

Reply to
Oddjob

The OP said £30-50.

Reply to
William4

Thanks, but around £50 is my max.

Reply to
Terry_P

I have a Metabo Powermaxx, they are brilliant, but about eighty quid at the moment. It has a chuck to worj=k a a small drill as well.

For about thirty pounds, depending on where you look, the Bosch IXO is good.

John

Reply to
John

how about

?

Phian

Reply to
Phian

Thanks, John and everyone else who has offered advice. The Bosch IXO may be good enough for my needs but I don't want to spend money on a tool which may prove inadequate. From descriptions and reviews it is hard to tell. Basically, I want to be able to screw 2 inch long screws into wood around the garden. What sort of spec do I need to be able to do this?

Terry

Reply to
Terry_P

I'd just stick a screwdriver bit in a drill, corded or cordless and get on with it.

mark

Reply to
Mark

?

At first i thought WOW, but the price is without the battery and charger. Good if you want a spare body though!

John

Reply to
John

Its all a question of what you want. I have a friend who uses an IXO, in a "Trade" situation, and thinks it is very good. You can just put a screwdriver bit in a (preferably cordless because the peed control is better) drill, but if you have a few screws to drive it is like using a steam hammer to crack a nut!

Why i like the Powermaxx is, it also serves as a small light drill, i bought it when a tiny hand drill i had used for over 30 years started to disintegrate. It also comes with two batteries, most screwdrivers have one, and when it goes flat you have to wait.

I use the powermax for pozi screws and so forth, i drive conventional sloted screws with a Yankee screwdriver. If you only drive a dozen crews a month this is a good choice, but they can be dangerous for awkward site work, both to fingers and eyes, but in the workshop its great.

John

Reply to
John