Architrave and Door Linings

Page 2 of 2

John Whitworth wrote:

Thanks for the feed back John, and take it from me, once you have given the plasterboard and woodwork a few decent coats of paint you'll wonder what all the worry was about - but as you say, it was a learning curve and the next one will be easier to do.
All the best,
Cash
On 25 Jan, 23:15, "John Whitworth"

Again, and despite some ignorant remarks here on the topic, if you have a gap left between the back of the arch., and the wall (which ideally you wouldn't, but anyway), decorator's caulk is designed to fill such a gap, and be painted over. Apply with a gun, and smooth level with the arch. with a dampened, square offcut of wood and you won't see the join.
Cheers Richard
geraldthehamster wrote:

I hope that's not 'aimed' at me Richard? LOL
As a matter of interest, I have, and still do use painters caulking AND have it on-hand in the workshop (in fact I used a very tiny amount today to fill a couple of holes twixt wall and ceiling before painting) - but like all things, there is a correct time and place to use it (in the case of the OP, that would be the time and place) - but not as an excuse to cover up deliberate bodges in poor workmanship (as I have seen) - especially on simple mitres that are easily cut using any of the patent guides available from the 'sheds' or good tool suppliers.
It's interesting though how simple things cause the most 'arguments' within the Usenet hierarchy - all great fun. ROTFL
Cash