Aligning kitchen unit doors

Bangs head on desk :-| Any tips?
--
Vj

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:17:58 GMT, "Vdkjll"

What do you mean by align dear?
Have you got the usual bunch of adjusters on each hinge? If so, whats the problem?
EricP wrote:

Straighten
Yes
Perfectionism.
Oh, HOW we laughed:-)

Tighten all the screws in to begin with. See where the doors are in comparison with each other. If a door tilts downward away from the hinge end, then the bottom hinge adjust screw needs loosened, but you may also have to loosen the main retaining bolt to allow the adjustment to take effect. Once you have the door aligned correctly, then tighten the main retaining bolt to secure the door in place.
Of course, Vice Versa if the door tilts upwards away from the hinge end, then the top adjust screw need loosened. But start with all screws tightened so you have a base position to start with.
Good luck with it.
BigWallop wrote:

Thanks for that.
However if the drawer (one in each unit at the top) are slightly out of line, I'm quacked. I did it as good as I could get it though.
On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:51:13 GMT, "Vdkjll"

We did doors. Drawers is xtra!!
EricP wrote:

One only found that out afterwards. They're only sligly up on the right, just a bit, a teeny bit.
Pah!
Dinnertime! :-D

the cabinet wall, might just do the trick for you. You will also have to retighten the screws after doing this. Sometimes the walls of the cabinets can be slightly off, so a tap with the hammer trick usually works. Mind and not hit the rail directly with the hammer so put a small block of wood against the rail and hit the wood.
HTH
BigWallop wrote:

It sound funnny you saying give it a small tap with a name like Big Wallop!
Tomorrow, I'll do just that. The former, not the latter :)