powervent exhaust and gas supply location

Hi folks-

I'm installing a power-vent water heater, and am considering ways to route the venting. The easiest and most direct crosses the PVC exhaust tube about 2" below the gas supply line for the stove. Will I run into any problems with the proximity of the two? Is there code that deals with this situation?

Thanks in advance- Chris

Reply to
starburst

You should not have any problems with this installation. However, to be sure, carefully read the installation instructions that came with the water heater. The manufacturer will specify proximity to other materials, length of venting, allowed number of turns, termination clearance and details.

Shannon Pate ASP Home Building, Inc.

Reply to
Shannon Pate

Gas supply 2" above the power-vent shouldn't cause any problems and I don't know of why any building code would prohibit it.

Reply to
crhras

Thanks!

Reply to
starburst

The face that your using PCV instead of metal is a sure sign that there's nothing to worry about. All vents are listed to be installed to adjacent to combustibles, or the code would have specific requirements for clearance. Nothing to worry about. Only thing to consider is the location of the exterior termination.

Reply to
Dennis