Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Traditional Barns vs Pole Barns
Any of you guys want to voice a preference, especially from a construction point of view??? I see lots of pole barns being built. Actually I mean the ones with the treated posts and I don't see...
6
6

portable or recycling toilet
looking for a toilet that will avoid the need for an in-ground septic system.
5
5

"Granite" Switch Plate Covers
We manufacture unbreakable steel switch plate covers to match your stone work. Every plate is a custom match. They are over sized to facilitate difficult installations and have color matched screws....
1
1

Correct Beam Spacing for Shed Roof
------------------------------------- Hello, Back in September I had a construction company add a patio cover/shed roof to the back of my house. Since then I've noticed an ever so slight sagging...
2
2

Concrete blankets usage
Monday of this week, I had a concrete slab poured for a workshop (18'x 22'). I have covered the slab with concrete blankets every night this week due to night time temperature getting close to...

Old subject but still ongoing with concrete and asphalt driveway HELP needed for proceeding attempt to recoup something (0/1)
About a year ago some knowledgable folks replied and gave us info regarding a 5 month old concrete pad and an asphalt turn-around installed in Sept and was showing signs of considerable FLAKING,...
4
4

framing nail gun recomendations
Ok, so I'm old school and I've been using a hammer forever. I've had air for a long time but only used it with auotmotive tools. But last year I got a small pneumatic brad nailer and...
8
8

electrical detached garage ?
Any electricians in the group? Building a detacted garage about 12 feet from the house. Want to put in a 70amp subpanel. From what I've read the garage need's to have it's own grounding...
64
64

chain saw for concrete
Has anyone used a concrete cutting chainsaw? Do they work well? Are they easy to use? Any tips? ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via...
10
10

Shed roof over porch
I have a 7'D x14'W concrete porch over which I would like to construct an almost flat roof (pitched about 1"/ft down the 7' depth.) The house wall is brick veneer. The second floor joists...
8
8

concrete block window opening
I'm renovating my concrete block house. As we removed the drywall and plaster, the area around the inside of the window openings is proving to be very difficult to remove. The sills are tile on...
4
4

timber frame stairs
Hello: I have been building a home (a lodge-style) now for about 2 years...without going to the bank for any help...it's a very slow process that way but very satisfying. At this point I am...
3
3

Punching and Cutting Line
Hi, I=92m looking for punching and cutting line for flats, angles and if it=92s possible UPN channels. I know that such a machine are produced by: Geka/Eisen, Voortman and Kaltenbach. Do you know...

Question on Home Warranty Companies
Question on Home Warranty Companies ************************************************ for SF, Bay Area, California home Are there are such companies that cover : - home alarm systems and / or - garden...

MDO question
Anyone have thoughts how MDO would stand up to the inside walls of an exterior shower at the coast. We have a second row home, coastal property will abuse building material and getting ready to build...
7
7