MDO question

Anyone have thoughts how MDO would stand up to the inside walls of an exterior shower at the coast. We have a second row home, coastal property will abuse building material and getting ready to build a outside shower, thinking of the walls for the shower on the inside be constructed with MDO, and stainless steel screws. Anyone have any experience with putting MDO to this abuse and have it withstand the elements ??

Reply to
crabshack3

Don't. Use Azek sheets, or if you're feeling flush, Starboard.

RicodJour

Use some of that plastic lattice. From a distance the holes don't matter. And most people leave their suits on anyway.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

:: Don't. Use Azek sheets, or if you're feeling flush, Starboard.

Flush? I thought he was talking about a shower stall, not a toilet?

"My face was flushed, but my shoulders saved me!"

Reply to
Matt Barrow

Thanks gents... not sure about the lattice thing, since this home is a multi million dollar one.. these people want something nice, don't care about money so trying to do it right, also was thinking MDO, then spray with that stuff you use on truck beds. that would make it right and tight! Then FLUSH....... gone.....

Reply to
crabshack3

MDO is what you'd use if they want to save money or if they want to do it again down the road. Google Starboard. It's used extensively on yachts and marine applications, it's not cheap, it is easily worked, it stands up better to the elements than anything else you'll find short of stainless steel, it comes in colors, it never needs painting, and you can blow the thing clean with a pressure washer.

RicodJour

Reply to
jamesgangnc

I don't know what configuration you are trying, but Santana toilet partitions come to mind. They've already worked out the fastening, doors (latches, locks, and hinges) full length mounting hardware, stainless steel and/or aluminum hardware, etc. Solid, full color plastic

Reply to
DanG