Vinegar in Washing Machine

I read on this NG about using vinegar in lieu of fabric softner. I love the idea and already have vinegar on my shopping list. My only question is....how much vinegar should you use for a full load? tablespoon? 1/2 cup?
TIA
I put about a cup per load.

the

Hi LeAnn, I use about 1/2 to 1 cup of white vinegar per load. I fill the fabric dispenser. For laundry, I use the $1.48 per gallon white vinegar available at SuperCenter WalMart. Do not use the (expensive) cider vinegar for laundry. Vinegar helps clean, rinse, neutralize, and deodorize laundry.

Sounds like a got tip. I hope someone with an answer posts soon!
Rose http://members.aol.com/Roseb441702/consult.htm "Can YOU Make Money on the Internet?-YES!"

the
At least two people did answer with specific recommendations.
Yes, thanks so much for the responses. I will be using vinegar in my was this week!
LeAnn