Paint Roller in washing machine

Having just spent the best part of half an hour washing a masonry paint roller, i seem to remember someone on the group saying they just stick theirs in the washing machine. Can i really do this without painting the inside of the machine?

Thanks

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Barnes

I made up a frame with an arbor, put it in the drill and all the paint spins off (tip: use inside a bucket) Repeat after washing out and all the paint can be got out, the roller remains usable dozens of times.

Reply to
mrcheerful

Hi,

Or stick in on a pole and use a hose to wash and spin it at the same time - can be a bit messy though :)

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

In article , Andrew Barnes writes

The rollers come out all fluffy again as near new as possible. Masory paint is water based so wash out the brushes normally with water first.

Put lots of washing powder/liquid in and rollers come out nice and clean. Not seen any contamination of washing machine yet, though I sometime run it again empty (with a tad of powder/liquid) just in case.

Reply to
Ian Middleton

For oil based paints, perhaps someone could try connecting the washing machine's cold water hose to a big drum of white spirit, and let us know if that works too?

:-)

Bob

Reply to
Bob