Paint and roller trays???

Anybody know the best way to get paint from the can into a roller tray without half of it ending up down the side of the tin and in that little "screwdriver" recess on top of the can. I seem to get more paint over the tin then in the tray.

Help!!!!!

TR

Reply to
TrailRat

How trivial

Buy a big cooking ladel and scoop it in.

Reply to
George

A soup ladle?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

For smaller quantities, a turkey baster.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I bought, a year or so ago, a plastic pour-spout/snap lid, which fits onto a standard paint tin. It works very well.

Reply to
S Viemeister

As you finish pouring it turn the can slightly. If you can't manage that don't attempt to paint. Don't forget to avoid painting over windows and switches!

Reply to
Rob Farrell

Painting over window glass is not such a bad idea actually...

Ever painted those 15 pane glass doors? a pain in the backside so just paint the glass sparingly and let the paint dry thoroughly for two days or more.

Fetch a sharp stanley knife blade,run the blade down between the glass and framework then scrape the paint off with the blade.

Perfect straight lines of paint. :-)

Reply to
George

I find those free drinking straws from McDonalds do the job nicely.

Put one end in the paint can and then suck a mouthful through the straw.

When mouth is full, spit into the tray.

Noz

Reply to
Nozza

Don't! He might just do it!

Reply to
clot

George wrote: .....

Doesn't work too well on the textured glass most of these doors seem to have.

Reply to
OldBill

Arn't they the cheaper variant of the said door?

ie they warp badly.

the ones I'm on about are made of oak an have plain glass or rippled shape in the center of the glass. :-)

Reply to
George

George wrote: ...

Dunno they came with these houses 20+ years ago. They ain't warped yet. These are typical internal doors. Is oak used for this in normal homes? Your idea works ok for plain glass.

Reply to
OldBill

Original french doors had plain glass only,then soe smart arse started using textured glass...which give the impress of out of date home ie 60's or 70's

When I moved into this house this had them typical cheap and nasty doors with crackled yellow glass,soon got rid of em and replaced with the more expensive proper french doors.

It works on the crackle panes as well.

Reply to
George