Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

removing baked on fat from nonstick bakeware?
I coated a nonstick (tfal) cookie sheet with olive oil for some oven fried potatoes. The oil was a thick, sticky bit of sludge in teh corners and nothing, but nothing, would remove it. How to clean?...
5
5

Scooba
Scooba: does that stand for-- self contained/ orienting/ operating broom apparatus? ________________________ "...Other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy, so it's best to try to get...

To Scooba or not to Scooba!
To scooba or not to scooba, that is the question. My husband gave me the okay to buy a robotic floor cleaner, so I was just wondering if I should get the one that vacuums or the one that also mops....
1
1

Does anyone clean houses for a living?
Hi! I have subscribed to this newsgroup in the last month or so and am enjoying reading and contributing. I am wondering if anyone here cleans houses for a living. I would love reading perspectives of...

In Japan, they re-use their shower water for their laundry.
In Japan, they re-use their shower water for their laundry.
1
1

ironing a hat
If this is OT I apologize, and maybe someone could tell me a better group. I couldn't find good search terms so I couldn't find anthing on the web. I have two felt hats, sort of like Indiana...
3
3

bug stains???
has anyone else had clothing in their closet that looks like possible insect urine. i just washed an old sweatshirt that i haven't worn this season that had a couple of yellow stains on the...
1
1

how to remove curry yellow stain
How to remove curry yellow stain on my carpet? That is the carpet in my car (97 BMW). I assume the carpet is some kind of polyester. I tried the regular soap & detergent. The yellow stain persists....
17
17

Stainless steel cleaning
I am trying to clean my stainless steel refrigerator. There are numerous fingerprints and other water stains on it that are lighter than the rest of the surface. I used a stainless steel spray cleaner...
3
3

cleaning an espresso maker
The instructions call for citric acid, which I don't have. Does anyone know if vinegar would work?
7
7

The space beneath my oven is a nightmare
G'day, I'm in a rented house that's been in continuous occupancy (not by me!) for half a decade. I've been cleaning the electic oven, which is a Kleenmaid, built into the bench....
3
3

Removing set nail polish from hardwood
I accidentally left a not tightly capped bottle of nail polish (red, of course) on my end table. Cat or dog tipped it over, and a pool was on the floor when I awakened. I mopped up what could be...
3
3

Cleaning of blackened stones on fireplace ?
What would be a good product to use to clean natural river rock that has been blackened from a fireplace? The smut seems to only be on the surface, but it has been there a long time. What would you...
16
16

Good ways to clean a tub
What are some good ways to clean a tub? With the least amount of effort. I have seen that ammonia works? But I dont know how safe it is? Berlin Brown
6
6

beware of a nightmare cabinet company
All, beware of a cabinet company called Gourmet Kitchens Design based out of Sacramento, CA and has an office in Danville, ca. The owner Rick is a crook, who writes bad checks. He is untrustworthy and...