Removing set nail polish from hardwood

I accidentally left a not tightly capped bottle of nail polish (red, of course) on my end table. Cat or dog tipped it over, and a pool was on the floor when I awakened. I mopped up what could be mopped, but there is a considerable stain remaining. Ideas? I was thinking of nonacetone nail polish remover which I could, of course, try out on an out-of-the-way area. Anyone have any actual experience with this issue here?

thanks, TammyM

Reply to
TammyM

My experience has been with paint that had dried. I used that orange stuff for hardwood. It removed the paint very nicely and did not leave marks. I would be afraid to use any nail remover. You might want to test it on the floor in a place where it would not show (maybe a closet) first to see the results.

Sandra B.

Reply to
Sandra S Beall

Hi Sandra, I'm not sure what "that orange stuff" is? I still haven't done anything! I will try the non-acetone nail polish remover in an inconspicuous spot, I can peel back the carpetting in my coat closet and try it there. But this orange stuff (?) sounds like it's worked for you so I"d love to know what it is!

TammyM

Reply to
TammyM

It's called "Orange Glo". It is a kit I got in Walmart. It contains a bottle of Hardwood refiniser, a cleaner, and a dust mop/buffer part. Good Luck.

Reply to
Sandra S Beall