Remove olive oil from cleaning cloths

Does anyone know how to remove oilve oil from dish cloths? Dish washer detergent has no affect. The same for chlorene bleach and all other attempts so far.

Reply to
jamacrae1

I had trouble washing coconut oil out of dish cloths. Baking soda did the trick.

Reply to
Bart Byers

Reply to
jamacrae1

" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

i FEEL your pain!!!

i have been known make a few laundry blunders. i have washed the following in a full load of clothing and then had to re-wash/fix.

multiple tubes of chapstick a BLUE crayon a bottle of purple nail polish no less than $50 in paper money, $3,000 in change at $1,400 in payroll checks.

the crayon proved to be most challenging. (a multi-faceted endeavor that proved to be a pain in my blue-stained butt!) wd-40/dawn. (eyes rolling)

i have recently found an amazing thing to remove greasy substances from the wash. i did research about the carmex... and did a few of the suggested methods to no avail.

as i cleaned out the under-sink area i was annoyed by the number of tubs of hand cleanser the hubby has. i was annoyed for several reasons... ONE, he leaves the nasty/grease covered tubs BY the sink when he's finished... when he KNOWS that is NOT where they live (if you were here you'd have seen the FLAMES shooting from my eyes!)

and two, there were many opened cans!!! all he needs is ONE. he has an odd Goop (tm) hoarding issue that might need "professional addressing".

Goop, lightbulps and air filters. weird.

try this stuff.

i have since seen suggested uses NOT listed on the company website. everything from washing your cat (!?!?!?!?!!) to getting vasaline outta hair.

blink blink

(perhaps if i spent more time checking pockets i wouldn't HAVE to know these fabulous laundry tips!) ;)

Reply to
Debra Keith

I'd say enough water to wet the cloth and a teaspoon of baking soda.

I discovered it when I sprinkled a little baking soda on the greasy film in the kitchen sink. I wiped with a greasy dish cloth and when I rinsed the cloth it was no longer greasy. Now if my cloth is greasy I clean it by cleaning the sink.

Before, I'd throw a greasy cloth > Thanks Bart

Reply to
Bart Byers

Bart Byers wrote in news:s4adnTwWDLvZHFTZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@flxtek.net:

(whispers) psssssssssst! Gooooooooop

;)

Reply to
Debra Keith

Received a email as follows:

Sent : July 28, 2006 2:21:22 PM To : Subject : Fw: Remove olive oil from cleaning cloths

| | | Inbox

Saw your post (I don't post because of the spam) I don't know how your attempts so far have affected the stain, but in the future ask for a product called Goop at your hardware store. It's what mechanics use to get motor oil out of their clothes. Some grociers have it in small containers. It's affordable and comes in a tin. Works on a variety of stains.

----- Original Message ----- From: Newsgroups: alt.home.cleaning Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 7:55 PM Subject: Remove olive oil from cleaning cloths

It prompts me to correct the original miss statment. Iam not asking for stain removal. Rather "garden variety" washing of dish cloths. we use large amounts of olive oil in our normal diet. the consequenct is continuous need to wash out the oil. Nothing works!

Reply to
jamacrae1

" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

jamacrae... my GOD.

you copied/pasted an e-mail from a person that doesn't like to post here... because of spam. not only was it confusing... but she was trying to HELP you with your laundry issue. you posted her e-mail address!!!

i hate to do it.. but i'm pointing the "poor-newsgroup-etiquette-naughty- finger-of-shame".

tsk tsk.

she was right... get some Goop.

Reply to
Debra Keith

thanks for your constructive critisizm (don't hate to do it) and my appology to Andrea Lonian. itwas not my intent to make that copying mistake. It was an honest mistake and I hope I learned not to do such again!

Debra Keith wrote:

Reply to
jamacrae1

" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

i know it was honest. i wouldn't use my e-mail addy as my username, either.

unless, you're in the market to re-finance your home or need to know HOW to increase the size of your..... you KNOW.

spam bots are everywhere, folks!!! EVERYWHERE! i'm not convinced they were NOT on the grassy knoll!

:)

Reply to
Debra Keith