Re: What did he mean?

Geez, Don, can't you see the simplest things?
What's good for Haliburton is good for the US.

There you go again, YEESH!!
Soldeirs are merely "little people". like you and me. IOW they don;t count. What makes the US strong is having as much $$ as possible in the hands of as few people as possible. THen those people take charge of us little people, since we're all just poor simpletons (after all, if we were smart, we'd be rich, right?) and, being simpletons, incapable of any sort of rational thinking. So they are like benevolent parents.
How can you not see that?

I just did. The glow of the aristocracy is - well, much like the warm and richly-scented glow of a match-lit fart.

It's about OIL, always has been. Everything else is just a Bush lie.

Think of it this way: "How many troops can you get killed per gallon?"

Oil denominated in Euros or another non-USA currency for starters.