Re: More on the Bethel fire...

On 13 Feb 2008, Pierre Levesque wrote

Ummm....sorry, but that URL doesn't work.
--
Cheers, Harvey
Architectural and topographical historian

On 13 Feb 2008, Pierre Levesque wrote

Alas, same problem -- I suspect the destination URL has some wau pf blocking direct access. FWIW, here's what I get from tinyurl:
(quote) Error: Unable to find site's URL to redirect to.
Please check that the URL entered is correct. To learn more about TinyURL.com, please visit the homepage.
(/quote)
--
Cheers, Harvey
Architectural and topographical historian
works for me... here's the full URL: http://archrecord.construction.com/news/daily/archives/080212unstudio.asp

On 13 Feb 2008, Pierre Levesque wrote

Thanks for that; interesting article.
(It's very weird -- the tinyurl's working now, too. Heigh-ho; mysteries of the internet, innit...)
--
Cheers, Harvey
Architectural and topographical historian

I'm amazed that it could even burn...!

Yes, less than a year. No insight about anything other than... never mind, I don't want to be associated to any opinion... Maybe some nameless source will come forward later on this weekend with a viewpoint... ;-)
I think it's something at your end Harvey...works for me too.

On 13 Feb 2008, Michael Bulatovich wrote

It's working for me, now, too -- no idea what was going on.
--
Cheers, Harvey
Architectural and topographical historian
Worked okay for me...

On Feb 13, 11:04 am, "Pierre Levesque"

Yep, that's the first person I'd turn to to investigate a fire - an electrical engineer. I'd turn to a local electrician who was on the volunteer fire department first.

Someone posted an interesting comment on the AR webpage:
<quote> Anonymous wrote: From these two links (http://tinyurl.com/23kmcw ) and ( http://tinyurl.com/3y3r6k ), this building looks like it was built entirely of a steel structure, metal framing, plaster interior, concrete floors, and stucco exterior.
How on earth and how could a fire become so hot as to engulf this building?
That's a question I would ask the fire officials... 2/13/2008 9:57 AM CST </quote>