Re: BLAMM!

On 07 Dec 2007, Don wrote

Good luck -- no; really -- I don't want to rain on the parade.
But I'm a cynic: I figure if they had even a scaled-down working prototype they'd be selling their pre-orders on the basis of a real- life video rather than an animation of the concept.
(Unless I missed the link to a video of an actual machine....)

I think you would have to slam down a lot more for the insurance. That propeller on a road vehicle? On the other hand it would deter dirt bikers doing wheelies over you eh.
One thing computers were excellent at teaching us - don't buy vapour.

Heya. Your posting schedule/frequency seems to coincide with collegiate break periods. Coincidence?

Yup. Not taking classes this semester. Friday was last day of work. I'm working on a rendering for a friend from back RPI and it takes AGES to calc final gather.

Well as can be. If I can get a gig right soon, I should be able to take a class this spring. Studio B1 it'll be. Got an interview Monday. Got a call Thursday from a staffing agency fella making noises about putting me in a dream firm so I busted my hump to get good material to him before work the next day. Haven't heard back from him. Then I remembered - that's how everybody at that staffing agency seems to deal with me. So I wasted a good 24 hours being all excited. So now I'm a little pissed. Still, the competent agency (the one who actually finds me work) is looking out for me. The past three months at this firm were good for me. Totally rocked my supervisor so I've got a hella solid rec. from a local architect for nothing but acting like a low level architecture employee (no driving drawings, no making coffee or prints). Seven hours getting home from work Thursday! Boss at school just mentioned he's still keen on getting me a Discussion Leader gig for Design Principles (intro theory) soon as I get out of low level studio. That's good to have. Fingernails look pretty good, a little ragged but 9 are of good length. Oh and this coming Thursday I'll be a "Guest Critic" for the Structures 1 final presentations. Looks good on the CV, don't'cha know. Last place I got to do some design work. Little alternates to let the principal choose from and the odd "you figure it out, whatever works, we trust you". Which is exciting and necessary for school.
Ain't y' glad y' asked?
Hope things is cool in IN.

no, that doesn't anymore. might try hwb and cross your finger about the spam filter