Good luck or bad luck?

We have a private (Klargester) sewage plant.. It discharges into a stream on the property. We recently had the stream dredged and cleared and whilest this was being done we noticed that the 110mm brown plastic outlet pipe appeared to have some roots hanging out of it. Man was put in bucket of digger to pull out roots and rod it. Rod only went in 12" and it appeared to be solid. Installers (2 house owners ago) tell me 2" pipe from pump in Klargester joins onto 110mm soil pipe using a rubber boot - suspect this is where roots are getting in. So job on the 'to do' list was to excavate the pipe from the land side, find the boot and install a proper access point to allow rodding in future.

Got the microdigger out today, had a mighty hassle finding the pipe, eventually exposed it, turns out 2" pipe goes all the way bar the last

12", which is why it the rod wouldn't go into the 110mm pipe! BUT in the exposing of the pipe I catch the 2" bit with the digger bucket teeth and break it. Relatively simple repair with a neoprene joiner and stainless steel Jubilee clips.

So was this GOOD LUCK in the sense that there was no problem, or BAD LUCK as the pipe got busted !!!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson