Re: Ain't gonna work.....

<snip>

Economy of scale, you need to put your whole home, and a few neighbours into a communal system. then maybe it will pay, Hey how about wind. Ya got lots of that! <bfg>. Ron

Don't know if people are blowing smoke up my ass, but I have been told it would be about 10K to power my small home on solar (not fully but for most of it). We are in a very sunny area so it might have to do with that. I've used a few solar calculators online who show about the same, though that includes tax credits and rebates from utilities (which I think Cali has a lot). I would think for a small office it would be much cheaper.
What kind of wind do you get on your property? Ever considered wind power? Lots of DIY ones online, not to mention the commercial stuff.
--
Edgar