Do I need to put gravel under my footing?

Right now I have dug down 4 feet to get below frost line, I live in ND so we do have some freezing and thawing going on.... But is it necessary to put gravel under the footing or can I pour my footing right on my base that I have dug out... on top of the fotting will be a 6 inch ICF foundation wall. Addition is going to be additional living space and garage.

Reply to
Brandon

Some thawing I could see, but some freezing? Very funny. I remember way back when I answered the Why Not Minot question... Yeah, you need it. The Law says so and the concrete on your imperfect digging says so and the ground movement says so and the water says so.

Reply to
Anonymous