OT (only if you have no heart) - bike magazine from 1883 online

It's truly amazing. The magazines we get now are all bullshit. Excuses for advertising with hardly any meat. I don't always agree with the "those were the good old days" crew, but there's little to argue against when presented with evidence such as this.
http://www.aafla.org/index/outing1883.html

Nice... What took you there? Do you bike?
Back then, though, we might have been more naive about advertising, whereas today, even though there's a lot more of it, we're also wiser to it.