Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst

Page 1 of 2
To All:
I don't think this will be my swan song, but jut wanted to let you all know that I will most likely be off list for awhile.
I have just received a preliminary diagnosis of acute myeloblastic leukemia (AML). This will be confirmed by bone marrow biopsy tomorrow. If proven true then I'm off to the hospital on Monday for a 4-5 week treatment program.
Just wanted you all to know that I have enjoyed the repartee (that's French for give and take) over the months and that I will miss it when I'm in the hospital. After Monday, I will report back when I can.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co
Bob Morrison wrote:

Bob,
I will miss your reasoned responses. Hope everything goes well and you are back before you know it.
If you do have to sit in bed or at least sit for awhile, you might want to consider getting a laptop with a wireless card. Might be something to keep you busy and your mind off of everything.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

I second the motion.

This is the kind of news you would never wish to hear. And I don't wish to hear an experienced, supportive, moderate voice in civil engineering go quiet.
Still, I can try to console you with the recent memory of a friend diagnosed with a leukemia, who recovered after months of relatively little response to treatment.
Good Luck!
Brian Whatcott Altus OK
No swan songs allowed...... You will get thru this. God bless..

Good luck to you. Hope to see you back here soon.
P.S. I cut some newsgroups because they don't exist to Teranews.
--
Edgar

Bob Morrison wrote:

Damn! Go fight and we'll all be thinkin' of ya'...
-dpb

Bob Morrison wrote:

I don't think it will be, either. I will pray for you, good soul.

Bob, My best wishes for a speedy recovery. You will - as demonstrated by the many responses - be missed while you are away. Tom Baker
Bob Morrison wrote:

Wow, Bob... I just looked AML up, and apparently, depending on what subtype you have, your chances can range quite a bit. How up to the challenge are you?
Doubly coincidentally, they apparently found a body floating today in English Bay here in Vancouver, and of course, we've been discussing health-care issues in the thread, "20 Years". (Michael Moore's film, 'Sicko', is slated for a June 29th. release.)
Looking forward to the details of your report, and maybe even a film-review.
Kick ass.
Richard
Good Luck, and hope to see you back on here soon

I'll miss your reponses, Bob--hope you are back soon.
Bob Morrison wrote:

Bob, I'm very sorry to hear your news. Best of luck with your biopsy tomorrow and let's hope it is a false alarm.
Matt
Godspeed, Bob.

Good luck Bob! Stay positive and all will be well!

Good luck & God bless!

I know you'll do your best, as always. Good luck, Bob. We're all waiting to hear from you.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

The best of luck to you Bob.