Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst

To All:

I don't think this will be my swan song, but jut wanted to let you all know that I will most likely be off list for awhile.

I have just received a preliminary diagnosis of acute myeloblastic leukemia (AML). This will be confirmed by bone marrow biopsy tomorrow. If proven true then I'm off to the hospital on Monday for a 4-5 week treatment program.

Just wanted you all to know that I have enjoyed the repartee (that's French for give and take) over the months and that I will miss it when I'm in the hospital. After Monday, I will report back when I can.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

Bob,

I will miss your reasoned responses. Hope everything goes well and you are back before you know it.

If you do have to sit in bed or at least sit for awhile, you might want to consider getting a laptop with a wireless card. Might be something to keep you busy and your mind off of everything.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Good luck to you Bob, and come back soon !! Your contributions here are great.

God bless you !!

James

Reply to
James

This is the kind of news you would never wish to hear. And I don't wish to hear an experienced, supportive, moderate voice in civil engineering go quiet.

Still, I can try to console you with the recent memory of a friend diagnosed with a leukemia, who recovered after months of relatively little response to treatment.

Good Luck!

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

I second the motion.

Reply to
Glenn

No swan songs allowed...... You will get thru this. God bless..

Reply to
Bill

Good luck to you. Hope to see you back here soon.

P.S. I cut some newsgroups because they don't exist to Teranews.

Reply to
Edgar

Damn! Go fight and we'll all be thinkin' of ya'...

-dpb

Reply to
dpb

I don't think it will be, either. I will pray for you, good soul.

Reply to
++

Bob, My best wishes for a speedy recovery. You will - as demonstrated by the many responses - be missed while you are away. Tom Baker

Reply to
AAllc.architects

Wow, Bob... I just looked AML up, and apparently, depending on what subtype you have, your chances can range quite a bit. How up to the challenge are you?

Doubly coincidentally, they apparently found a body floating today in English Bay here in Vancouver, and of course, we've been discussing health-care issues in the thread, "20 Years". (Michael Moore's film, 'Sicko', is slated for a June 29th. release.)

Looking forward to the details of your report, and maybe even a film-review.

Kick ass.

Richard

Reply to
Señor Popcorn

Good Luck, and hope to see you back on here soon

Reply to
ThrRebarGuy

Bob, I'm very sorry to hear your news. Best of luck with your biopsy tomorrow and let's hope it is a false alarm.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I'll miss your reponses, Bob--hope you are back soon.

Reply to
marson

Godspeed, Bob.

Reply to
Matt Barrow

Good luck Bob! Stay positive and all will be well!

Reply to
MiamiCuse

Good luck & God bless!

Reply to
3D Peruna

I know you'll do your best, as always. Good luck, Bob. We're all waiting to hear from you.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Always appreciate your solid and professional repartees.

A wish and a prayer for you. Dan

Reply to
DanG

The best of luck to you Bob.