Subject Author Posted Replies

Belt sander
Anyone have a Porter Cable 371K, 2 1/2 X 14 belt sander? Pleased with it? would you recommend it? Max (considering the purchase)
2
2

Re: Sorta On Topic - Future Virus Problems...
So you think this is media hype? Could be... I've been around since before the 8088 was popular and didn't know about that or the Lotus problem.
3
3

mixing woods
I've never tried it, but I would be very worried about mixing say cedar and walnut. Because walnut is much harder, if you ever tried to sand the two smooth, you would end up taking off more cedar than...
7
7

On topic post- going to the "candy store" today
Well, my lovely wife and I are finally getting the chance to buy our dining room table. I was able to get a day off to celebrate my birthday from last month. For a variety of reasons my real job just...
3
3

OT Revere Copper on China and a VAT
Let me know what you think of this: http://www.reverecopper.com/pdf/MyCompanyCountry.pdfR
6
6

ohboy! mdf with "grain"
Pat Researchers have devised a way of using a laser that transforms inexpensive MDF giving it a surface finish that looks like some of the most expensive wood grains.
28
28

What is it? CCXXIII
Just posted set number 223: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
10
10

Power Twist belt on the Shop Fox W1741 Jointer (brother to Grizzly G0490)
I have a Shop Fox W1741 jointer (very similar to the Grizzly G0490). Very nice machine with the exception that the startup belt snap and power down shudder are annoying. I tried a range of tensions...
2
2

Festool Europe
I'm moving overseas and have some Festool 110V 60hz tools to bring. They are much cheaper here in the US, so I thought I would stock up. I was looking at the 150 sander & asked the dealer if he could...
3
3

A different kind of Mobile base
Index, redirecting
2
2

Anyone use the Grizzly 3 HP shaper?
I know that buyng Grizzly is always a shot in the dark... I'm considering their G1026 3 HP shaper. I can get it, a power feeder, and a nice start kit of bits for less than the price of a 3 HP Delta....
4
4

Yet another use for shellac
Applied to handlebar tape on bicycles: Shellac & Twine makes Handlebar fine – Out Your Backdoor
2
2

What type of wood for a french marking gauge?
Since I don't access to any mesquite, I wonder that woods would work really well for making this kind of tool. http://www.woodworking.com/dcforum/DCForumID15/1066.htmlThanks...
18
18

Staining Mahogany
I am attempting to match mahogany doors with toffee colored kitchen cabinets. Any helpful websites etc. on how to go about this or any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Barry
3
3

Type of Wood - Mudroom Assistance
Hello, I am looking at building a pretty simple cabinet and bench for our mud room. I am pretty new at this but have been using Oak for other things in my house and would like to change it up a little...
2
2