micromotors? vs powercrafter/turbocarver

...What is your opinion? I'm thinking that 300k rpm is a bit too much, for carbide on soft stone; might overheat? So a 50k micromotor might be good; though the question also arises whether there is a difference between the $350 RAM, the $1000 dental micromotors, and the $150 chinese dental micromotors-- and, are they standardized? There's a working DC converter for a micromotor on ebay right now, going cheap; and if then paid $100 for a random micromotor handpiece, will the connection necessarily work?

How do $300 micromotors stack up to a $10 micro die grinder + $300 compressor (that can be found used for $150)?

For something larger, 1/8" or 1/4" shank burrs, what about foredoms v. die grinders?

thanks! -Bernard

Reply to
Bernard Arnest

Im not sure what you are carving but I a fordom electric carver with adjustable speed, that I use for wood carving. I really like the fordom. Randy

randyswoodshoop