Re: What Happened?

My point is that even a live e-mail address is apparently considered of value,

so some of the money comes from just harvesting addresses.

yep.. don't know what the numbers are now, but in the early 90's email addresses were selling for something like 300 for a dollar, but live addresses were like 2 cents each...

Sell 1,000 addresses to 100 spammers at 2 cents each and I guess it's worth it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

There are actually spammers that are sociopaths, and think spam is the key to riches beyond their imagination.

And then there are those who CLAIM to be rich so that they convince others to buy their services.

And then there are those who are supposedly rich, but then get sued and get sentanced to 26 years in jail.

In short, many spammers aren't realistic in their long-term planning.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

A "Millions of e-mail addresses" sells for about $1000, according to some article I read recently.

The ones that are making money are those who control the various botnets in the world. They lease the botnets for periods of time. They also are in hiding for a long time.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol