alternatives to featherboards

Greetings,

I have seen alternative methods to featherboards in magazines but can' remember where or exactly what. If anyone can offer suggestions o information on where to find an article on this, I would greatl appreciate it.

Thanks, aperkins6

-- aperkins61

Reply to
aperkins61

Maybe Board Buddies?

todd

Wow, are those overpriced!

Reply to
Pop`

I just ordered these:

forward to trying them out on the TS and maybe the band saw...

If I like them, they also sell just the "switches", the magnet and screw assembly, without the feather board parts.... they look pretty cool for making jigs..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

on 6/17/2007 8:31 PM aperkins61 said the following:

I have these:

willshak

I think you'll like them. I have one and use it whenever appropriate.

Reply to
ROY!

replying to aperkins61, Ted Williams wrote:

I am associated with a new company, New Guilds, that is introducing an entire line of stock support systems to be released about December or January. The systems are for bandsaws, table saws, jointers and router tables. The heart of the systems are large one-way rollers both in wide and narrow sizes and a freewheel roller tailored to resawing on the bandsaw and a s a secondary roller used in series with the one-way rollers. All parts of the support systems are interchangeable. The systems are not cheap, but being built of structural aluminum, stainless steel and large high quality bearings and hardware, the tools are built to last a lifetime use. I have I have extensively used the systems, as have several of what I call professional amateurs, that are going to market. They are strong, set-up in seconds, safe, and offer a usability that far exceeds anything else. I have attached several photos of these systems. If you are interested in more information please email me your name, address woodworking interest and email address at snipped-for-privacy@newguilds.com. And you will receive our catalog and be notified of the videos from a number of national woodworks as they are released on the net. My name is Ted Williams. I have 50+ years in the fine woodworking and the millwork crafts. I have built furniture, historical houses (new and Restoration) as well as fine arts pieces. I was the primary designer and lead craftsman at my firm before retiring. My work may be seen at

[IMG]
Ted Williams