Subject Author Posted Replies

Mouth of a Hand Plane
You can adjust the frog on some hand planes to make the mouth smaller when you are making fine strokes. My question: why does it make a difference whether the mouth of a hand plane is larger or...
7
7

Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam!
Is it just me or has the spam volume increased dramatically? As one of those northeastern libtards, I'm adamantly opposed to the death penalty but I'm willing to make an exception for these fscks......
11
11

Book photos...getting close
There are a couple of you out there who had wanted to supply photos for my next book, but, so far, none have arrived. I'd love to at least look at your shop shots, but we've only got about three more...
6
6

The Borg part..... ?
As most of you are well aware I am an anti-borg to say the least. Well here is the latest I found out today. Local lumberyard tells me that they are getting a lot of people saying they are out of line...
61
61

gluing up antique chairs - type of glue?
I am in the process of gluing up some old oak chairs that have come loose at the joints. What type of glue would you recommend? I usually use titebond II for all my glue ups, is this good for chairs?
9
9

micromotors? vs powercrafter/turbocarver
...What is your opinion? I'm thinking that 300k rpm is a bit too much, for carbide on soft stone; might overheat? So a 50k micromotor might be good; though the question also arises whether there is a...
1
1

thinning water based poly with alcohol
What scares me about that article is that the differences from brand to brand in WB chemistry are not mentioned. I'd do serious testing with a specific brand before applying it to something I cared...
6
6

Re: TV Stand
The sides, back and (probably) stringer along the front behind the doors. And LCD/plasma TVs aren't all that heavy.

Trying to start a cribbage tournament
I have been playing at they offer more than cribbage - more than 20 games you can play them for free or for money! http://www.cribbagecolony.com

Ridgid 3560 installation notes...
I'm about halfway through the set up of the Ridgid 3560, and have gotten tired and frustrated, so quit. While it's fresh in my mind, I'd like to address a few thoughts: If you're manufacturing or...
17
17

Buck Shot
Lead. It is really soft. It's not a huge problem, so far it hasn't been in any critical places in the pieces I have found it. I have only found it in walnut so far.
18
18

Teak finishing question
Greetings All, What is the best way to put a natural looking finish on teak? I don't want a poly finish that sits on the surface, rather something that will soak in. Thanks, Mark
4
4

Uneven surface after edge glueing: An Update
First off sincere thanks to everyone of you guys who responded to my first post. I appreciated all your good advice, that the biscuits don't really add strength in edge joining, to ensuring I work...
4
4

Re: What Happened?
so some of the money comes from just harvesting addresses. yep.. don't know what the numbers are now, but in the early 90's email addresses were selling for something like 300 for a dollar, but live...
2
2

Uneven surface after edge glueing
Yes, I am really looking forward to learning how to sharpen, setup and use the various planes. I've seen the old guys (I'm 50 so I guess they are really old) do magic with a sharp well handled plane...
24
24