Subject Author Posted Replies

U.S. carpentry for a non-U.S. resident ( Help !)
hello, i plan to build a small house ( 30fx30ft ), only in wood and only use the US carpentry way-of-making. but my only source for informations is the TV show " extreme makeover home edition" ( and...
18
18

OT: Speed controller for table fan?
I bought a new table fan, bat at its lower speed it's just too noisy and moves too much air. Any of you electricity gurus know if I can use the equivalent of a router speed controller on a table fan?...
6
6

Why Is Festool Allowed To Fix Its Prices?
I thought that we were protected and that the market was protected from price fixing. Don't parts of the Sherman and Fair Trade Acts address this? Regards, Tom Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker...
47
47

OT: Bath Tub Replacement
I'm replacing the tub in the master bath. The old tub sat directly on the concrete slab. The tile floor was laid after the tub was set, so the tile came up against the vertical side of the tub with a...
15
15

Pneumatic Staple Gun
Many years ago I purchased a porch swing or glider. The seat part hangs on 4 chains about 12 inches long. The fastners for most of the swing are staples and a few bolts. The swing has lasted so long I...
9
9

How do you determine what the finish is?
Hey All, I am repairing a door to a bathroom vanity for a friend. Sadly, the cabinet maker passed away, but I must say that he did a beautiful job - cherry rails and stiles, cherry ply for the panel,...
2
2

Deadliest Catch
The only reality TV show worth a damn. Just a personal opinion, you understand. Regards, Tom Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet http://www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
9
9

Beginner Relief Carving Book?
I have both a birthday and a shoulder operation approaching. Does anyone have a suggestion of a book for the beginning relief carver? Thanks! --------------------------------------------- ** **...
11
11

Swingman - Design - The Completion Of A thought
I play some music and I build some woodwork. Something that is interesting to me that brings the two together is that, if I build a piece and it does not look complete to me in some way, there is...
4
4

Replacement knives for Powermatic 54A
Looking to get a spare set of knives for my Powermatic 54A. While looking at such sites as Infinity and others, I noticed that they offer knives that as long as the standard knives but are bit thicker...

FS Milwaukee Cordless Tool Kit
Includes: Hatchet Sawzall, Drill, Saw, Flashlight, Bag, manuals, and three (3) Brand New Batteries (Milwaukee replaced them under a recall). 18v NiCad. Made in Germany. Will consider offers ~$250....

Wooden Model Aircrafts on SALE | Aviation Modelworks
Big Discounts on Model Airplanes and Military Plaques. Get 2-3 aircrafts for the price of 1. more models to collect! choose up to more than 100 variants of wooden model aircrafts and military plaques....

OT: Stirling Engine Fans - New TINY application
There was some discussion in this newsgroup about a year ago concerning stirling engines. I saw this tonight and decided to pass it on. Innovative concept. Fans of green technology will undoubtedly be...

hole cover - odd request
I am looking for a "cover" for a 5.5" x 5.5" hole that is made up of fibers, ie, keeps out the bugs but allows movement in and out. I have seen them, no idea of even what ther are called. If forced to...

Glue Squeeze out Video (FWW Video)
FYI. Freebie glue squeeze out video (FWW). Pretty good idea, but I'm usually too stressed out during a glue up to do this.
36
36