Subject Author Posted Replies

Water Dispersal Agent 40
About 17 years ago we started working on clearing 22 acres of So. Alabama swamp/semi-swamp. There was not a week that went by that we did not discover a new use for WD-40. It cleaned paint and grease...
15
15

OT: Definitely not about woodworking. But funny.
I don't know why, but this cracked me up... does anybody want to buy a used microphone?
8
8

penofin: smell and cure time
Hi all, I've never posted to this group before. I need an expert opinion on the Penofin oil finish. I rent a cottage with wood siding which my landlord has recently coated with Penofin on all sides...
6
6

O/T: Houston, You May Have A Problem
Based on the weather reports, you folks keep your heads down and the rest of you out of harm's way. Lew
34
34

crafts, easter crafts, kids crafts,
Wood handicraft from Bali , using very good materials of quality, some wood type among others, ebony, suar wood, mahony wood, albizia wood, crocodile wood etc. Tri Wacana Company, always major best...

Center-finding tape measure
An interesting low-tech gadget. It has two scales, one on each edge. They are both labelled in inches, but the second scale is actually 50% the size of the first one. To find the center of what you...
10
10

OT - way off topic
My kitchen counter tops are wood and are the only way this is wood related. I had made a chocolate pie with wafer crust in a Corningware pie plate (using a wooden counter top as support). A few days...
8
8

OT: Help tracing source of e-mail
To all you computer/internet experts in the wreck: I received an e-mail from a unknown sender today that I found very unsettling. There was nothing in it that I could consider "abusive" so I could...
1
1

Browser-based alternatives to ABPW
Hello, I thought that the following links might be helpful to those of us who can no longer access the ABPW newsgroup. is supposed to be a free place to post pictures of woodworking projects. may...
5
5

Building a cabinet for a wall oven
We're about to buy a wall oven and none of the stock cabinets I can see are just what I want. IKEA has something close - a cabinet that takes a small refrigerator on the bottom, and the oven in an...
6
6

Help With Sanding Column Flutes
I finished the shaping portion of some fluted columns last night and ran into a problem when it same time to sand out the char marks my router bit left in the wood. I was routing the flutes in 8' 1x4...
4
4

Woodstock Ont Ca Welcome To Hell
My mother opened a shop downtown Woodstock Ont Ca. this year and said; living here is like living in hell. The religious groups are out of control, they steal, harass and gossip about all the shop...
2
2

Build or toss
My DeWalt cordless drill sounds like the clutch has slipped or is broken. I get no torque when drilling. I've had it for over 8 years. While I know I'm going to buy a new Festool soon (like several...
13
13

Cross ventilation in shop (Barn fan)
Every few weeks, I see this thin skin of dust all over my shop. I have a DC, Festool and Fein suckers, and recirc filter, but still, you just can't catch it all. In my old shop, I'd open up the...
3
3

Re: Delta ss350 scroll saw circuit board repair
General practice dictates replacement, not field repair, of PC boards. Has to do with using wide tolerance componets except for the last resistor and or capicator on the board.
1
1