Subject Author Posted Replies

liquidating collection, planes (0/1)
Thank you both, that's an excellent starting point...from what little I've read thus far. Someone who had seen them years ago said to me "oh just apply some metal polish" to remove stains, and I had...
7
7

Affordable CNC Carving
Out of curiosity I looked at wood working stuff. CompuCarve/CarveWright looks pretty awesome being able to handle some pretty complex stuff, and even copy stuff using a probe instead of a cutter. The...
6
6

PC 690 plunge base
I have a PC 690 router with a fixed base. Looking for a plunge base. Does anyone know if the PC 6931 plunge base compatible?
1
1

Palm Sander Blues
cleaning the work piece with compressed air from time to time at the very tail end of the prepping will usually show up any such scratches, that are often invisible due to being filled with fine...
11
11

Woodworkers Guild of America
So just return the envelope.
12
12

City slicker seeks toy barn plans for grandson...
Something big enough to put his tractors in. Thanks...
3
3

Giving away / Free
I hope I'm not violating any rules of the group but I wanted to offer a free laminated base table for anyone who not only resides in the Detroit area, but who may be able to use it to make something...

Increasing Humidity
"Swingman" wrote And I learned another word today!
13
13

Wood floor in the shop
Seems everybody is of one mind on OSB. Thanks, may look at underlayment, but maybe not, too. Just use plywood, and be done. Thanks for the imput
12
12

Illinois woodworkers? Need a cradle made...
Are there any woodworkers between Chicago & Rockford that read/post here? I would like to have an old fashioned hooded cradle made for a friend's first baby. Please post or e-me direct. Thanks.
1
1

ShopVac bags - discount source?
Anyone know a cheap source for ShopVac bags? I've been googling a bit, but nothing great so far. They're ~$5 a pop at Lowe's. I need the 15-22 gallon sized.
1
1

what to use over danish oil?
Can't speak for flat work, but on my turnings, I let the Watco cure for 3 or 4 days and then buff with the Beall system.. In 3 or 4 years, I haven't had bad results yet, IF I let the oil cure.. mac...
6
6

Pumpkin Time
I believe, unless I am in error, that this evening at 12:00 midnight the Comcast feed of Usenet is over. I would like to say goodbye to all my friends and interlocutors. I have not formulated a plan...
6
6

BSA Auction Results In
Just got home from the Troop 1 Auction and the Footlocker / Campaign Chest went for $1000.00. (Pix on ABPW). Since I would have sold it for $1200.00 on commission, I feel one way. Since hard costs,...
4
4

Interesting wooden-framed bikes
It is beautiful. Dennis