Samurai!

I bought an Odate dovetail Dozuki. It came neatly wrapped in its own dark blue cloth cover case, emblazoned in gold ink with "Samurai" and some Japanese script. How embarrassingly easy to become a member of the warrior elite. Side by side next an identical saw wrapped in a plain, unprinted cover case, I would have paid extra for the unprinted one.

(It cuts nice. But I expected that. ;)

Reply to
MikeWhy

"MikeWhy" wrote

So what you are saying is.....

You value the "plain brown wrapper"??

Reply to
Lee Michaels

If "Samurai" means "Inside is the finest quality saw we know how to mass produce," I would be happy. Instead, it evokes an emotion similar to having it read "Ninja Turtle." I'm a little dismayed, in other words, but mayhaps I'll find a use for it this Halloween.

Reply to
MikeWhy

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:04:53 +0000, MikeWhy wrote (in article ):

Could be worse- it might have had "Samurai-PRO!!!: written on it, and maybe "Liquid Quenched" and "hypoxic hydrocarbon stasis" or whatever buzzwords the marketing lads have been jerking each other off to - or, as everything ever produced in the 80s seemed to have itself festooned with, "LAZER" (sic) or even more ubiquitously, "TURBO!"

Maybe your next corded power tool will be remarketed Power Ranger? - Look at the Hitachi router and tell me it's not on the horizon.

Chin up. It seems the saw was _totally awesomemely megs ultimate_ - at least.

Remember, use it always with honour and never in anger.

Hmmm - anyone for EXTREME DOVETAILS ??

Reply to
Bored Borg