Subject Author Posted Replies

Wooden Wristwatch
I want to make one of these from my pile of exotic scrap... have found most of the parts I need; however, I am having a tough time determining how to fasten it. This is the best picture I could find...
3
3

Looking for design ideas - clothes line platform (outdoor project)
I'm looking for design ideas for a step platform for use under a clothes line. Our clothes lines are strung on trees, and do not slide up/down. Most people need a step or three up to make it easy. My...
16
16

O/T: Time Again For Ribs
Just finished trimming up some ribs, fresh out of the oven, after a 5 hour cook cycle at 225F. Had to taste test during the trimming: DYNE-O-MITE. They are called "Country Ribs", but are in fact...
4
4

Source for Lumber in the Taos area
We're going to Taos for a vacation later this month, flying in and out of Albequ. and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place there to purchase -- or at least look at -- local lumber like...
3
3

I am looking for American Woodworker Issue #66 - TIA
I am looking for american woodworker Magazine #66 - It has articles on how to make Picture Frames TIA
1
1

Need a part for an old hand plane
Restoring an old Millers Falls #10 plane (scrub plane? jack? not sure of exact type). Everything's ready to go, except that I ended up destroying the big brass blade-depth adjusting screw (don't ask)....
6
6

Method for compound angles on a miter saw
Since I want to mke a carrying box for my small gardening tools (and cannot justify a Sussex trug for this) I plan to make a sort-of shallow planter ,or butler's tray, with a central handle. Their...

FA: Lie-Nielsen Planes - LOTS of them!
No affiliation, but check out auction 170325719461 at The listing is a buy it now for 35 planes, 25 with extra blades.....for $8,0000. Somebody was really into hand planes! JP
3
3

D300 ISO
...anyone tested the D300 at ISO 100? I've checked around a bit, just want to quiz the shooters here... cg
5
5

Six wooden gadgets that actually work
From TechBlog like the wooden motorscooter. http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/6-wooden-gadgets-that-actually-workI

article about some local associates
is an article about some of the local turners that I know. As an aside, Bob's farm is where the movie Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman was filmed and were the Mid-Hudson chapter of my club, Northeastern...

OT: Just plain awesome.
One of my crew is a 20-year old 'extreme sports' fanatic. Skateboards, BMX, short stubby stunt skis, snowboarding...and he sometimes uses the expression "sick" to describe something awesome. He would...
26
26

The Sultan
A gaming friend sent this to me and I thought you woodworking folks here might appreciate the work that goes into it ... See related links to what you are looking for.
1
1

Rockwell 336 Belt Sander
Hi Group, I have an old Rockwell 336 belt sander. I'm in need of some parts and was wondering if this is the same as the Porter Cable 336? They look the same in the parts break down except mine don't...
6
6

Death by Nailgun!
Australian police are still searching for clues in the death of 27-year-old Chen (Anthony) Liu, whom homicide squad detectives believe died from injuries sustained from a high-powered nail gun. In...
37
37