Reminder Woodworkers Show in Ontario CA Today and Tomorrow

than the Houston show.

Reply to
Leon

It was ok, much smaller then usual.

Reply to
evodawg

That's too bad. Apparently the vendors thought it important to have free parking for the people too cheap to pay for parking. Trouble with this is that too cheap to pay for parking normally equates to "not going to buy at the show either". I talked to one of the vendors and he indicated that many of the vendors are not happy with the current people that own the WW Shows show. Seems that a smaller venue makes them look busier. The cash register determines if you are busy or not. I only saw a coupled of the big tool manufacturer at the last show and it was about 1/3 the size it was 3 years ago.

Reply to
Leon

I didn't see much cash register activity. I went looking for a deal on a PC router and they weren't giving much better then Amazon does everyday. Speaking of parking, I parked across the street at the Marriott. 8.00 for parking is ridiculous!! I didn't even spend that much, ($7.00) at the show. Matter of fact I even got a Rockler Gift Card for 10.00 from the Manager I know. Use to work there many years ago. So I came out ahead. That's how bad it was. Very tight spaced to. Went to a couple of clinic's and they were decent. I also was interested in buying one of those Multi Master Tools, the one made by Dremel but changed my mind when the cutting blade would not stay on the tool. The Sales Woman was a little embarrassed by the whole thing. Anyway saw a few friends and made some too, so it wasn't a total waste of the day. But you're right about the parking!!!

Reply to
evodawg