Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Loneliness
A man was washed up on a beach after a terrible shipwreck. Only a sheep and a sheepdog were washed up with him. He looked around and then realized that they were stranded on a deserted island. After...
7
7

Perfect Hardwood Floor finishes
I've been experimenting with different finishes recently. Found water based lacquers to be the best. check out the pictures. I've heard oils are pretty good now days too???

New guard designs
After reading the "Oops" thread I saw in American Woodworker magazine that there is a series of new blade guards coming out for table saws. They incopororate a riving knife and some even have dust...
29
29

Re: Wondering if these would help?
Ever go to your butcher and see the guys cutting meat using those Chain Mail gloves. Not sure of the spelling but that could help if your fingers weren't forced into the blade. Just wonder if anyone...
6
6

OT: Health Care Debate Framed by Lobbyists
From the "evil left wing" New York Times: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In House, Many Spoke With One Voice: Lobbyists? In the official record...
40
40

Making a box joint jig
I made and tried out my lap joint jig this afternoon and it worked every bit as well as I'd hoped. :) That drawing for that is still at when I have a bit of time I'll turn it into a web page......
71
71

Hey Morris - maybe you could use this in your marketing
...as the alternative to your system. ;)
24
24

OT: Does painted MDF count as 'wood'?
If it does... here's some cnc sculpture. Well..'sculpture' is a bit lofty..how about 'sales aid'? Nope...what-the-hell is this thing? It's a whiteboard for a restaurant lunch menus....Is that what...
6
6

OT: It's all in how you look at it.
Two shoe salespeople were sent to Africa to open up new markets. Three days after arriving, one salesperson called the office and said, "I'm returning on the next flight. Can't sell shoes here....
3
3

O.T. Yarn
The encyclopaedia salesman wasn't having much luck. No one in central New South Wales seemed all that interested in the 24-volume Britannica with year books and the little 'assemble-it-yourself'...
6
6

IRC #woodworking
is there an irc woodworking channel???
2
2

Love It . ..
Just emptied out my old shop/showroom through the week and dumped it all at the new shop/gallery . .. absolute bugger of a thing. Should only take another few weeks to figure it all out and fine the...
1
1

hint: the tablesaw doesn't go on the ice chest
73
73

Spraying Benjamin More Regal Paint
I am about to do the trim work on my new home. We have decided on Benjamin Moore Regal Latex primer and paint. I have experimented with it on a few pieces using a brush. Works well and looks great....
3
3

Winning Shop Tip - Gloat?
I got a nice e-mail from Woodsmith this afternoon. Seems they thought their readers might like it if they published a how-to article on my sawhorses. I thought that was flattering... The e-mail ended...
21
21