Subject Author Posted Replies

Bigger Wheel for Roll-around sheet goods cart
I made a roll-around cart using 5" swivel casters. It is sorta like the borg ones, except has wheels on each corner of a 2' x 8' platform that has a center T-vertical support that holds in place 4 (or...
33
33

Pics of My Shop Made Baseboard
This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put in the home office. I like minimal & classic... hopefully I achieved it. Pics, later, of the install.
24
24

French Door with side lights install question
Installed a French Door where a window use to be. It has side lights that open. The Double Doors are fitting tight the side lights are fitting just right. Have done all the necessary shimming and...
34
34

Pirate peg leg
I am amputee, & have googled those,but was wondering has anyone ever made one ? my just regular old plain leg, no fancy movable ankle or foot cost $ 9,000.00 , that includes socket + roll on liner. up...
7
7

Norm Abrams .........
I usually lurk, have been for long time, am not very good wood worker, trasher be better name, I could cut twice & still be to short . But what I was wondering, does anybody have any idea what Norn is...
16
16

RE: Rough Cut - Woodworking with Tommy Mac
RE: Subject Saw an episode today. IMHO, the operative word is definitely "ROUGH". This program has a long way to go. Lew
18
18

Sizing a workshop?
My current 'workshop' is a two-car garage. To work on anything I have to pull one or both cars out, leaving one or both out for the duration of the project or putting everything away every evening....
50
50

How is it done?
#1, possibly mortised into the top. Maybe with a plate screwed to the top of the legs and then the plate fits into a mortise in the top and is screwed up into it. #2, it's hard to tell with the...
4
4

OT: Mary's Bar
/Mary is the proprietor of a bar in Dublin. She realises that virtually all of her customers are unemployed alcoholics and, as such, can no longer afford to patronise her bar. To solve this problem,...
13
13

shellac for preventing bird's eye maple tearout?
Fine set block plane and scraper will *almost* prevent tearout. Will a couple of coats of shellac applied before smoothing fill in and strengthen tearout-prone grain? Orange or garnet shellac would...
12
12

RE: Tangle Free Extension Cords
This guy does a decent job of explaining. Actually he explains waaaaaaay too much for waaaaaaay too long. :-) Fast forward to 1 minute and play....
36
36

New version of SketchUp
My Google SketchUp program prompted me to upgrade today. I use the free version (non-pro). As a result, my DP baseboard model I designed last weekend took on more of x-ray look. Its the "edges"...
21
21

Band Saw
I'm tempted to take a chance on this band saw: would like your opinions of this band saw. If you click onto the NSN number (scroll down a bit), you can see some specs on it.... also, click on the...
9
9

OT - we're not bad
In news: spewed forth: sqwertz and kent?
47
47

Microplane Story
I saw this story today. Interesting story. I have used their microplane as a rasp. I am waiting for their stainless steel sandpaper.
8
8