Subject Author Posted Replies

Homemade feed table for planer
Spotted this idea on Craigslist. Perhaps old hat to some, but I thought it was a clever idea - and easy to make. Looks like you sacrifice about 1" in the maximum thickness of the board you want to...
2
2

Veritas Pocket Dovetailer
was a little worried that the short saw blade would dull quickly, but the video shows that it is so sharp it really spends little time in the cut. Maybe they can expand their "recycling" procedures to...
10
10

Dust masks
I've been using these masks for several years. I can't seem to find the replacement filters. Seems they've been discontinued. Googled and Yahoo-ed and Bing-ed. Now I need recommendations for a...
13
13

What is it? Set 382
This week's set can be seen here: http://55tools.blogspot.com/2011/03/set-382.htmlRob
24
24

Spacers, tubing with very thick walls?
I need some tubing for a spacer. The outer diameter the same as a 608 bearing, and the inner diameter no greater than 1/4 inch. As light as possible, hopefully no heavier than aluminum. It would be...
35
35

OT: Contractors joke
Three contractors die at the same time and miraculously make it to heaven. One from Florida, one from Texas, and one from New Jersey. Saint Peter meets them at the gate and realizes they are all...
31
31

O/T: The New Math
An Oldie Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------- Ratio of an igloo's circumference to its diameter: Eskimo Pi 2.4 statute miles of intravenous surgical tubing at Yale University Hospital: 1...
4
4

NY Times article on woodworking with kids
Doug Stowe was interviewed for this... see his Wisdom of the Hands blog for more. Teaching children construction is gaining momentum across the country as a way to develop imagination and confidence...

Showcase photos
I uploaded a VERY small sample of works on display at Showcase this year to ABPW... there were 525+ entries on display! This was our biggest show yet as we added 5,000 sq ft of floor space, a lot more...
5
5

Re: Please forward this to Paul.
You really, really shouldn't use the same program for email as you do for usenet. basilisk
1
1

safest method?
What is the safest method to trim the excess from red oak 2 X 2 spindle blanks before turning?
18
18

Panel and Frame Doors ?
I have a whole house-full of cabinets to make as part of a full remodel--maple, shaker style, with a faux cherry (like natural cherry, not the deep dark version) finish. The panels will be veneer...
5
5

O/T: Opinion
I am opposed to the death penalty. Took a tour of the execution facility used in 1950 by the State of Ohio and I doubt I'll ever forget it. Having said that, I'm beginning to have a totally different...
43
43

OT: Google failed me
It is raining here and I had no inside project so have been killing time Googling things. One of them was a great restaurant in Santa Barbara at the El Encanto Hotel in the early 70s. I was in SB...
18
18

Finishing
I have a general knowledge of stains and have done some experimenting with stains and some different woods, but how does one know when to use different protecting finishes such as oils, shellac,...
13
13