Subject Author Posted Replies

An addition to the desk I build 2 years ago
As some of you may remember I built a large desk with an arched detail in the top cabinet unit. For several months after completing the desk I toyed with adding lighting to the desk and sometime last...
11
11

Improved Router Dado Jig
Still not beautiful, but it should be a lot easier to use now, and more accurate as well. I first made it a couple of years ago when I was building some bookcases. It worked pretty well, but with a...
9
9

Progress Of The Rustic Gun Cabinet
Made with salvaged hand split cypress boards; the uneven faces presented a few problems, but nothing, serious enough, that a hand plane and a shoulder plane couldn't fix. I have the top's sides'...
1
1

Wheels for my Grizzly Lathe
Thanks to whoever provide the link : I think it was Leon, it was the ah ha moment. I'll have more pics maybe tomorrow and a video possibly. The wheels stabilized the unit to move it. previously it...
1
1

deflection in router bits
I don't use a router often but recently I dusted both of mine off and got a surprise. I was using a 1-1/4-inch x 1/4-inch shank flush trim bit and I thought my router was broken. But after some...
27
27

Drawers
I heard something brief about building drawers with pocket screws, but heard none of the details. I thought about it for a few minutes, and this is what I came up with: I figure that way none of the...
3
3

Flooring
Anyone here has any experience with plywood flooring? I am considering this as an inexpensive alternative to other flooring. Almost all (bathrooms can wait a bit) all of the flooring for 1400 sq ft...
69
69

Can anyone recommend this?
Hey Guys, Newbie to the group, just wondered if anyone has any experience of using 'Ted's Woodworking' Plans? Thinking of purchasing for me and my boy (the sales pages say some plan's are aimed at...
9
9

Rattle Can Painted Soap Box Derby Car (rec.ww related)
In my thread entitled "Cabinet Door Build - Recommendations From Painter" I mentioned that I knew a guy that painted a Soap Box Derby car with 22 cans of Rust-Oleum spray paint. He was forced to do...
2
2

Screw sizes. or Lag bolts going smaller too.
I was by Lowes to pick up some lag bolts, for a set of wheels to move my wood lathe. Thanks I think Leon for the video showing a perfect method.. pics later. I saw the conversation on screws getting...
12
12

OT -- Don't let this happen to you...
Though it might interfere with your future woodworking plans...
3
3

Cross Cut Sled Fence - Bowed At Kerf
... ... ... I think the problem basically is the 3/4" laminate simply isn't stout-enough material for the purpose. I notice in his video it appears to be at a minimum 1+" and guessing 1-1/2" maybe???...
22
22

Titebond II
... Can't talk now, I'm busy cleaning some old mp3's.... I wanted to try cleaning an LP with wood glue. It made for quite an improvement - and I've read that multiple cleanings continue to clean up...
6
6

Water Based Poly?
I have traditionally used oil based polyurethanes, mostly Minwax because of availability, but I've used General Finishes in recent years too. The long dry times can be a real pain and tend to collect...
9
9

New From Festool: The Truck Planer!
I don't know if you've kept up with the news, but Festool has come out with a new product. The Truck and RV Planer. This is the prototype... all that's left is to paint it green. :-D
15
15