Subject Author Posted Replies

what you might get for Xmas...
Luckily SWMBO doesn't buy me tools or might end up with one of these: Discover the best Tools & Home Improvement in Best Sellers. Find the top 100 most popular items in Amazon Home Improvement Best...
8
8

Chair maker's pullshave - Lee Valley does it again
I pretty much quit hanging out in here a few years ago after the trolls showed up and made it more work than fun to read this group, but after seeing this little beauty in the latest flier from Lee...
4
4

Advice for veneering a mantel
I'm making a mantel for our comtemporary fireplace. The Mantel is made up of MDF and is 3" inches thick. It sits in between two sheet rock wing walls and is essentially an elongated oval. You don't...
8
8

FS: 6" x36" old Jointer in SW Florida
6" older cast iron jointer, in good condition. Knives were recently sharpened, Newer 110 volt motor. This jointer cuts great. Just selling because I bought a larger jointer, And don't have space in...

Wooden drawer/door pulls. looking for inspiration. JOAT?
There's nothing here and now I fear it's lack of inspiration perhaps online I'll find relief from mental constipation. Okay so I'm not Robert Browning. I am looking for ideas for original wooden...
11
11

Tape Residue Removal
Yes I DAGS but my particular problem was not covered. I used Blue Macking tape to try and avoid getting glue squeeze out on the surface of the wood. Due to circumstances i would up leaving the tape in...
5
5

Veneer to sell!
I have this veneers to sell: cherry, oak, maple, makore figure, walnut, beech, mahogany. I have many sequence sheet. Sheet size: 6" to 25" long x 3" to 15" wide. If you are interested, I can send a...

Shopsmith Steal In Central NC
Cruising one of the local bargain papers and ran across this ad. If I even "dreamed" I had room I'd already have called on this. For the price I figure it's worth it evenif it isn't running. Ad...
2
2

Table top sanding
Hi, I have a table top that I'll be glueing up this weekend and was wondering if anyone knows of a wide belt sander for hire in New Jersey? The top is 42" wide. Thanks. Matt
2
2

Expanding a split entry / Need advice.
Has anybody ever seen a split entry that had been expanded in some way and that it actually looked good ? I live in a fairly new split on a beautiful country lot, 2+ acres and we really do not want to...
4
4

The Twelve Days Of Christmas - Dorker Style
The Twelve Days Of Christmas On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me A catalogue from Lee Valley. On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me Two saws for dovetails, From...

Senco Finish Nailer for sale
I've got nice Senco Finish nailer that I wanna sell. It is about 4 yrs old. It is lighty used, just a few trim jobs around my house. Should I offer it up here or might ebay be a better choice
1
1

For Sale- NOVA Lathe Outrigger Unit (Outboard Toolrest Stand)
I'm selling a Nova Outrigger Unit that fits Teknatool Nova 3000 and Nova DVR-XP woodlathes. I've used it a couple times. The following blurb is from Teknatool themselves- Solid cast iron unit helps to...
1
1

New belt sander from Delta
Has anyone tried this unit? It seems like it might have it's uses in WW other than sanding decks. Thanks, JG p.s. - I need to burn a few dollars before year end Textured rubber body grip provides...
4
4

Sandpaper Sharpening
Hi everybody, I have been experimenting with using sandpaper to sharpen chisels. I've been starting on the grinding wheel to establish an angle, then using a Veritas Mk II angle guide with varying...
30
30