Yellow glue - Lee Valley ? $$$$!

Edwin Pawlowski wrote: ...

In any way you can articulate why/what is better or "just one of those things" kinda way?

--

Reply to
dpb

Sort of like when your grandmother baked, the dough had to "feel right."

Seems to squeeze out and then spread better/easier. Probably a viscosity thing. Runs were minimal and cleaned up better it they did happen. Plenty of open working time.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The high viscosity would of course minimize runs--that's one of the specific points made w/ it.

As noted earlier, it is a pva instead of aliphatic like the yellow glues which could be a reason as well for the difference in feel...

Thanks, was curious as not used it...

--

Reply to
dpb

Fri, Apr 11, 2008, 2:33pm (EDT-2) snipped-for-privacy@mail.usask.ca (Chris=A0Friesen) doth sayeth: Oh I can get basic no-name stuff, but I haven't found a local source for TitebondIII by the gallon.

If it was me, I'd start by using my phone book, and call stores in my area, to see what they could do - if they sell it, bet they can order larger bottles if they don't normally carry them - that's always been my experience - that's how I'm getting the duplex nails in the size I need from the local Ace, the ones they stock are waay too large. If that didn't work, I'd call the Titebond people, 1-800-347-4583 - it's on the label on the back of every bottle. Hell, they might even be willing to sell direct, and ship it to yout. Never know unless you ask.

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
Reply to
J T

From Titebond's web site:

"Titebond products are available at fine retailers throughout the United States. For International locations, please e-mail our International Division ( mailto: snipped-for-privacy@FranklinInternational.com ) or call

1-800-877-4583."
Reply to
Nova

my area, to see what they could do - if they sell it, bet they can order larger bottles if they don't normally carry them - that's always been my experience - that's how I'm getting the duplex nails in the size I need from the local Ace, the ones they stock are waay too large. If that didn't work, I'd call the Titebond people, 1-800-347-4583 - it's on the label on the back of every bottle. Hell, they might even be willing to sell direct, and ship it to yout. Never know unless you ask.

Good grief, you mean to actually get away from the puter screen and read a book, abet the phone book to do some basic research?

In this day and age, that's about the same as asking a 2 year old to give up their pacifier.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Sun, Apr 13, 2008, 2:56am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Lew=A0Hodgett) doth mumble: Good grief, you mean to actually get away from the puter screen and read a book, abet the phone book to do some basic research? In this day and age, that's about the same as asking a 2 year old to give up their pacifier.

Good grief, you don't actually believe any of that do you? Couple of years ago, needed to track down some steel tuping. Called the first place under steel in my local phone book. They didn't have what I wanted, but they gave me a number to call. Two more numbers, and ten minutes later, I had the info I was after, including prices.

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
Reply to
J T

Should I?

of years ago, needed to track down some steel tuping. Called the first place under steel in my local phone book. They didn't have what I wanted, but they gave me a number to call. Two more numbers, and ten minutes later, I had the info I was after, including prices.

Basic rule of 3.

Starting from scratch, shold be in the right place on the 3rd call.

One of my favorite questions when I get the "We don't have that" routine is:

"Can you suggest some one who might have it?"

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Now THERE is a generous offer. Part of the reason I come here.

Reply to
Tanus

Sun, Apr 13, 2008, 10:36am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Lew=A0Hodgett) doth sayeth: One of my favorite questions when I get the "We don't have that" routine is: "Can you suggest some one who might have it?"

Likewise.

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
Reply to
J T

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it.

I did some calling around to local suppliers. Found one place where after some discussion between their employees they determined that they didn't stock it in gallons, but they could get it from their wholesaler.

Since their wholesaler was fairly close by, they just gave me the receipt and sent me over there.

Total amount for 1 gallon of TBIII, $39 and tax. Probably about as good a deal as I'm going to get around here.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:03:27 -0600, Chris Friesen

Probably, as it would cost at least $12 for me to ship you a gallon.

**
**

B A R R Y