Yave you done this yet?

Ok, to bring you up to speed I am in the middle of gluing up 4 solid Oak table legs. 3.5" wide and gluing 5, 3/4" thick pieces to make the legs relatively square. Basically 448 square inches of glue on each leg. Before I got started I used my new gallon of TBII to top off my wide mouth ProBond glue bottle. Not a problem, I have done this many times before. The ProBond bottle of glue has been setting up for a while because I have been using the free case of TBIII that Franklin sent me near the end of last summer. The first leg glue goes fine but as I am working on the 3 piece of the second leg the glue stops coming out of the bottle. I squeeze a little harder and a little more comes out. Then the glue gets kinda thick. Then it stops. Then I squeeze a little harder. Then the top of the bottle pops off and about 12 oz. of glue spills out on my project, down inside the front rail of my TS fence, and across my left shoe. Also down inside the gap between the TS extension table and front fence rail under a big gob of glue is my favorite utility knife.

20 minutes later the mess was cleaned up and I was back to gluing up the legs. I did not even get mad.
Reply to
Leon

Weeellllll...... To be honest the answer is yes and no. I've done things like that, but I would have blown a gasket and started throwing things.

Steve P.

Reply to
Highland Pairos

It never "just falls on the floor". Curse you Murphy!

Reply to
Groggy

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

Gzzt! Snort! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? A drive by?

Reply to
patrick conroy

You really should get mad. It's not good to bottle (PI) it up like that.

--

******** Bill Pounds
Pounds on Wood

leon you need to come by later and clean the cup o hot chocolate off my keyboard :-]> ONE more push otta do it!!! lmao

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

You know Bill at 50 I have come to the realization that life is nothing but a series of lessons. I figure that I have learned something here and should not get up set. I just enjoy being suscssfully retired for 10 years now and working out in the shop. I do how ever wonder what today's lesson was. It'll come to me I am sure. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Leon says: You know Bill at 50 I have come to the realization that life is nothing but a series of lessons. I figure that I have learned something here and should not get up set. I just enjoy being suscssfully retired for 10 years now and working out in the shop. I do how ever wonder what today's lesson was. It'll come to me I am sure. ;~)

You retired at 40? Not for physical reasons I hope. I keep looking at my ss statement from da gubmint and they keep telling me how much I'll make if I work til 70... Damn

Reply to
Knothead

Very fortunately in good health. The SS statement is designed to sell you on waiting longer. Keep in mind that you will be 8 years of payments ahead of the game if you start at 62. IIRC odds are that if you die at the age that average person dies at you will get more money if you start at 62 with a lesser amount than the 70 amount. Now that is looking at it from a perspective of some one that can do with out SS.

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote: [snip] The first leg glue goes fine but as I am working on the 3 piece of

I have a bottle of TBII that is a year or so old. Lately I have noticed that the glue clumps and won't come out of the bottle elegantly. I remove the top of the bottle, ream it out with a 6d nail, and it works fine for a while. I blamed the age of the glue and/or the nighttime temperature in the shop (about 45-50 dF). Any similarities there to your situation?

This qualifies you for canonization by the Church of the Random Variable. Another 20 bucks gets you sainthood. :-) mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

yeah, I just finished that calculation myself..

If I bet against myself and wait until 65, I'll get about $300 a month more than if I take it at 62 (4 more years)...

In return for waiting another 3 years and getting more bucks, I'm loaning SS $3,600 interest free in order to get $300 more a month later... not what I see as a good investment OR a good bet.. I'll take it at 62..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Actually the interest on $3600 is squat when you consider this. I can get SS at 62 at $300 less than if I wait till 66. I have to wait until 66 for the next increment. Considering this I will have to wait until I am 78 years and 3 months old until the age 66 larger amount actually matches the amount paid out by the age 62 amount. It literally takes 16 years and 3 months for the age 66 pay out to match the age 62 amount paid. Additionally you are figuring your interest wrong. You should be figuring interest on all of the first payment and each payment starting at age 62 .

Reply to
Leon

It's not really the total amount you receive that counts, it is whether or not the monthly payment is adequate for your needs. I think I will need to work to about 100+ in order to retire at a high enough payment to survive - so my current plan is work 'til I die.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

How's that workin out so far?

Myself, I plan to live forever. And that is working out great, so far.

--

******** Bill Pounds
Pounds on Wood

I can attest to that. The man't got a grip like a vise ... and I'd broken the little finger on my right hand about a month before I met Leon ... ouch! ;>)

Educate me ... I am fast approaching that decision in about 7 months and my poor brain is too tired at the moment to figure it out.

Reply to
Swingman

This assumes you are not dependent on SS or do not need all of the SS check to survive.

Lets assume you will draw $950 a month at age 62 and $1250 per month at age

  1. Basically you will be drawing 0 per month, 48 months earlier than if you wait until age 66 to draw 50. That equates out to ,600 that SS will pay you between the age of 62 and 66. You will continue to draw that amount until you die.

If you wait until age 66 to start drawing you will get $300 more per month but basically you will be $45,600 behind in payments compared to having started receiving payments at age 62.

With these figures it will take 16 years and 4 months for the age 66 SS payments to "about" equal the total amount paid out from the age 62 payment.

The age 66 SS payments total payout benefits start becoming better if you live longer than 78 years and 3 months. Up until that age the $950 per month for 16 years and 3 months is a greater amount, ($185,250.00) than starting 4 years later at age 66 and getting 12 years and 3 months of payments of $1250 per month., ($185,000).

That said, I know that your father has passed that age and you may very well do that also. My father is 82 and in great health. But will SS be around that long and or will you need as much income at age 79 as you will in those years leading up to that age?

BTY I have a good friend/neighbor that I have known for about 24 years that works for the SS office in SW Houston near Fondren and the SW Freeway. I can ask her to keep an eye out for you if you would like.

Reply to
Leon

Still workin' haven't died yet, so I guess I'm on a roll here.

I'd go for that plan, but I don't want to have to work forever.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Gonna be hard to live on $12.41 a month innit? Especially in 2042 when a new econobox with a 2 cc engine will cost $147,300, a 2,000 sq. ft. home will cost $397,000, the economy lunch special at Burger King will cost $175.81, oh, and gas will be $24.82 a gallon.

Or maybe I'm being pessimistic.

Reply to
Silvan

I'm hoping to make a killing selling nekkit pictures of myself on the internet so I can retire at 65. Anybody wanna see some nekkit pictures of me? So far I'm having trouble with this plan because the cameras keep breaking.

Reply to
Silvan

Wrong approach. Sell the idea of what it will cost for you to NOT post those pictures.

Reply to
Upscale