WOW - Got a Leigh FMT for my birthday! (Gloat)

I got what I think is my ultimate birthday present from my wife this year, a Leigh FMT mortice and tenon jig.

I can't believe how perfectly this thing makes mortice and tenons. It sure beats the old barbaric methods of doing them with the drill press / mortice attachment and tenon jig on the table saw. The manual is incredibly easy to follow and the jig is really built to last with incredible precision. I cut a perfect match the first time that I tried it.

I've wanted one of these ever since the first time that I saw the Leigh salesman demonstrate it, but couldn't convince myself that I could afford it. I've ground my teeth every year that I've gone to the wood shows and watched their demonstration, just wishing that I could find a way to justify buying one.

Life is good and my wife of 41 years is still the greatest!

Reply to
Charley

hey Charley...nice gift...now build that lucky lady something nice!! Mike from American Sycamore

aswr

Congrats. Happy birthday.

Steve

Reply to
Steven and Gail Peterson

Tell your wife that my birthday is Monday.

(What the hell, it was worth a chance. Odds are better than my wife giving me one).

-jbb

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

You and your wife are going to go broke buying everyone an FMT for their birthday this year! ;) BTW, mine is in 3 weeks.

Congratulations. Happy Birthday.

Reply to
George Max