woodworking instruction in Dallas

I am looking for a better way to learn woodworking besides books and trial and error. I have taken classes at the local woodcraft, but they are of limited value. I have set up a decent shop in my garage and would to prefer to receive instruction there with my own tools as opposed to someone elses. Maybe a retiree looking to supplement his income?

Reply to
h.minter

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in news:6b5r41hqsigd88t2pgikgr973phqipcjrv@

4ax.com:

talking to this fellow. I bet he knows someone.

Reply to
Patriarch

I went through his site again... I was doing just fine till I read the following...

"Some mahogany balls for a contractor than didn't have any balls. The bottom picture shows the completed ball mounted with a screw chuck. The black ring is the gauge used to insure the roundness of the ball. The two hardest things in turning is getting a perfect sphere and a straight line."

Back to the shop...

Reply to
WillR

Reply to
h.minter

Hollis,

You might contact Steve Jenkins at Furniture Crafters in Dallas. He is coming up to Curly Woods on April 9th to teach a "Learn to Veneer" class for us. He mentioned that he has considered offering woodworking related classes in his shop in the near future.

Mike Mastin Curly Woods McKinney, TX

Curly Woods

Woodcraft in Addison has basic courses. The one in Ft. Worth has others. There are a great place to start.

Grant

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.net wrote:

Reply to
Grant P. Beagles

Reply to
h.minter

Check this site out. It's in Waco. Their skills are remarkable and the experience is quit pleasant. I can't say enough about them. :-)

Lowell Holmes