Woodworks Supply - Bedford Texas

Does anyone know anything about Woodworks Supply located in Bedford Texas?

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

I've dropped in -- and dropped some cash on impulse -- several times. Staff seems knowledgeable and friendly. They have a lot of stuff that won't fit in my garage/workshop!

Jim Stuyck

Reply to
Jim Stuyck

"Jim Stuyck" wrote in news:QsWdnXvP7eMXr1LZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I needed to know if it was worth making the trip to visit the store. Sounds like it. Their website is down right now so I couln't see anything except whatever Google has cached.

I am finishing up my 15x30 workshop. The nice part is I have a second floor that I can use for things like wood storage, HVAC air handler, air compressor, dust collector, etc.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

His selection is good, but his prices are generally higher than "Woodcraft Supply" off of Green Oaks near Ridgmar Mall. I've also been able to find stuff at "Woodcraft Supply" that "Woodworks Supply" doesn't carry, but rarely vice-versa (takes about the same amount of time for me to drive to either, but unfortunately in opposite directions).

Reply to
Michael White

Overpriced

Reply to
Chris Carruth

"Chris Carruth" wrote in news:JtWzg.419$%j7.265 @newssvr29.news.prodigy.net:

Looking at the cached version of his web page I would say he is that. Amazon has a distribution center in Irving Texas so items shipped via "Standard Shipping" is usually delivered the next day.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

Yeah, but...When I wandered thru the store (been in there maybe three or four times) I found specials (markdowns) of stuff I didn't know I "needed" until I spotted it. And then there's the stuff I need "right now," so waiting for shipping is out of the question.

Besides which, this store is located next door to a Texas Roadhouse restaurant, which is fun and, if you time it right, you can do both places on the same trip. ;-)

And, for me, this place is less than two miles away.

By the way, sometimes I drive to Arlington (IH20 at Cooper) to wander thru Rockler. Depends on my mood (and their specials).

Oh...and a Northern Tool just opened up about two miles away. Much of their stuff is crappy, but sometimes you find a deal, like some extra wooden hand screws (clamps) I impulsively bought Monday for $6 each, supplementing some I've had for nearly 40 years. You never have enough clamps!

JIm Stuyck

Reply to
Jim Stuyck

I agree with most of the other posters. In general they seem overpriced and I will typically drive the ~20 miles to Woodcraft vs. the 2 miles Woodcraft supply unless I'm in a big hurry.

There is one reason not yet mentioned why you might want to go. They have a store full of General machinery setup. Not many places you can go to see/touch General equipment around here.

Reply to
Alan Ciemian