Woodworking Show on Long Island April 9th & 10th

The Tenth Annual Woodworking Show and Exhibition 2005, presented by the Long Island Woodworkers? Club, will be held this year at the Hofstra University Arena in Hempstead, NY on Saturday April 9th and 10th. The Arena is located on Hempstead Turnpike (Route 24). Dozens of exhibitors and tool vendors will feature everything for the growing interests of woodworking hobbyists and home improvement do-it-yourselfers, as well as for professionals in woodworking, carpentry, and building. A juried furniture and craft exhibition showcases the work of many of the nearly

300 members of the club, many of which will be for sale. A not-for-profit event, the Show is the only one of its kind in the New York Metropolitan area, and also features free lectures, seminars, and how-to demonstrations by world-renowned expert woodworkers like Mario Rodriguez, Ernie Conover, Aime Ontario Frasier, and many more. Aime will be featuring topics for ?Women in Woodworking?. New this year is a "Plane Shaving Competition"; bring your own hand plane or buy one at the Show to try to slice the thinnest shaving for a prize! You?ll find a pre-owned tool garage sale for bargain hunters and a fully equipped toy workshop for the kids to enjoy. There?s also a chance to win hourly door prizes and raffles. Also participating in the event will be members of the L.I. Woodturners, L.I. area Woodcarvers, and the L.I. Antique Tool Collectors? Clubs. The Show hours are Saturday and Sunday April 9th and 10th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $8.00. Parking is free and there is no charge for children under 12. For more information and a discount admission coupon, visit the Long Island Woodworkers? Club website at
Kevin Morgan