Woodworking show judging criteria?

Our woodworking group wants to have a show in the Spring with the works judged by some knowledgable person with the awarding of cash or ribbon awards. If you have any experience with such an event, could you share with me what criteria you used to judge the items? What are the pitfalls to avoid and would you do it again? Our group is about 40 members strong but there are many different interests, such as turning, carving, restoring, building furniture,etc. I would like to see everyone enter at least one piece in the show. Any comments would be helpful. GCS

Reply to
RESPITE95

If you go to our website,

and click on the show exhibition application, you will see a set of judging rules I developed, based on our last few shows. It's probably more than you need--our club has grown to about 300 members (The Long Island Woodworkers Club). Best of luck with your show. When and where is it?

BTW--shameless plug--our next show is April 17 and 18, Saturday and Sunday at the Hofstra University Arena, 10 AM to 5 PM. Check out the website, and come on over. Frank Klausz, Mario Rodriguez, Garrett Hack, Ernie Conover and Strother Purdy will be there. They are the judges this year.

Reply to
DarylRos