Long Island Woodworking Show

The Long Island Woodworkers' Club wil be holding its 8th Annual Show, Saturday and Sunday Aprtil 17th and 18th, 10 AM to 5 PM at the Hofstra University Arena in Hempstead, NY. Guest speakers this year include Garrett Hack, Ernie Conover, Mario Rodriguez, Strother Purdy, Aimee Fraser, and local master craftmen. Vendors include Delta, Jet, Lie Nielsen, Bosch, mAkita, Milwuakee, Laguna, MiniMax, and many many others.

Admission is $7(which includes ALL seminars), but you can get more information,directions and a discount if you check the website:

DarylRos

Matt Zach

A lot of crazy dedicated woodworkers.

Reply to
DarylRos

Matt Zach wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

MOST areas don't have a club of that caliber.

In the greater San Francisco Bay Area, we have at least three good clubs, who, if they got all of their resources together, COULD, but presently don't, put on such a gathering. That doesn't count those groups focused primarily on wood turning.

Individually, these clubs do a great job with their membership, however. There are a great many talented wooddorkers here. Some even make their living at it. Almost all are great company.

Patriarch, enjoying affiliation with

patriarch

It takes a couple hundred dedicated woodworkers, a place to hold it, and a lot of resources. My area club (Northeast Woodworkers Association) puts on a similar show every March, and it's every bit the show (if not more, 'cause it's cheaper) than the big national shows that take place all over the country. Our group sends a bus down to Lawn Guyland and I think a few of the city-folk escape every year to sneak up to Saratoga, NY.

Check it out:

'd post a link to others as well, but LI's show is the only other club-sponsored show that I am aware of. I'm sure there's quite a few others around the country. We have over two hundred members (that I'm aware) and a separate militant faction :) that focuses strictly on woodturning (the Adirondack Woodturners Association).

Jon E

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

Gee Jon... I was gonna shamelessly post a Showcase notice... you beat me to it! ;-)

John NWA Mid-Hudson

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

jon,

I didn't know you were part of the Saratoga crowd. Great show you guys put on. I'm looking forward to it again this year and yes its a yearly road trip for the Long Island Woodworks to come up.

For folks in the north east, March and April are two must see events, Saratoga in March and Long Island in April!

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

No argument there. You folks do a spectacular job. Two of our members, Bob Urso and Mike Daum were honored to be judges there last year.

Yes indeed. We'll be there the 27th of March, and when you folks come down, say hi.

Reply to
DarylRos