Woodworkers Guild of America

I just received an unsolicited DVD in the mail from the Woodworkers Guild of America. The accompanying letter said to watch the video and if I was not interested, please return it in the postage-paid envelope.If I was interested, please send $12.95 and I would receive another video in a few months. Well, the video was interesting. Being a woodworker, at the hobbyist level, I did manage to cull a few tips from the video. I was wondering if any of you have received this same offer. My scam alert went off, when I read the $12.95 was a "special offer price", no mention of the regular price, of subsequent videos. I did visit the accompanying website.

briefly. I did not have enough time to really delve into the site. I just thought I would check if any of you have heard of this organization.

Reply to
ron

Unsolicited in the mail? I'm pretty sure its yours. Don't even have to return it and waste ten seconds that you could be doing something else.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I'd say, send them a thank you card for the "GIFT" and you will gladly accept more "Gifts" for free.

Reply to
Leon

I asked the same question awhile back, which tells me that a certain woodworking magazine, or store, or trade show is selling its mailing list. In any event you're under no obligation to send back the DVD which they admit in the fine print that came with the disc. Or if you have a dual-layer burner you can copy it and send it back. I'm guessing that future discs cost twice as much as the first one. I thought the first disc was well done, but it looks like many of their titles would be of little interest to me until I actually own all those big stationary tools they demonstrate the use of.

Reply to
DGDevin

True on it's face. But, since they did provide a postage paid envelope, I'd return it just to cost them the postage for sending me unsolicited mail that tries to make me think I owe them money if I don't.

Len

Reply to
Len

It would cost them more if they didn't get the DVD back.

Reply to
Upscale

So just return the envelope.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Send the envelope back empty.

Reply to
Nova

send them back the return envelope. stuff it with other junk mail if you like. keep the CD if it interests you, or give it away to someone else it might interest.

Reply to
bridgerfafc

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Dave - Parkville, MD

Or stuff with the junk mail that you get from other sources. I like to spread the wealth.

Reply to
Bob Haar

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com