Woodstock Wordworkers Show

Thank you for the pointer to the show, with no Show in Detroit this fall, My family and I took the trip yesterday. No hassle with customs coming or going.

The show sprawled over 4 buildings, several tents and a large parking lot. My boys got to see the portable saw mills in operation for the first time.

It was fun day - we arrived at about 10:30 AM and finally left at about

3PM.

No real new stuff - other than some Lee Valley planes I had only seen in Catalogs. But 20 to 30 percent discounts in many places and lots of small toy parts that found their way into the boy's bags.

I really appreciate Canadian Woodworking Magazine - my wife was asked to buy a subscription - when she told them that we were from Michigan and had driven up for the show - they gave her the last year's worth of issues! Spent an hour talking to her.

I did not buy a hugh amount of stuff, some band saw tires and blades, some pen turning kits and the toy parts, but we all had fun.

thanks for the pointer to the show.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Houseman